Website VPet USA, LLC
VPET USA is the leader in Stock & Custom PET Manufacturing. We create and distribute plastic packaging products, offering a variety of containers and bottles. We continually research and evaluate the latest developments in PET plastics manufacturing in an effort to improve our product quality and operating flexibility while reducing manufacturing costs and environmental impact. As our business continues to grow, we are looking for dynamic individuals to join our team.
VPET USA is currently recruiting for a General Labor to be based out of our Fontana, CA facility. The Packer will be responsible for pulling plastic items (preforms) from a box and placing on the conveyor and/or pulling product i.e., bottles and jars from a conveyor belt, inspecting per QC specifications and packaging them per packaging specifications.
- Follows all safety policies
- Follows GMP policies & guidelines
- Removes plastic (preforms) from a box, inspecting them per quality specifications and placing them on a conveyor per work instructions.
- Removes plastic bottles/jars from conveyor belt, inspecting them per Quality specifications
- Packing plastic bottles/jars per packaging specifications posted at work center.
- Communicates any issues or quality concerns related to the product to co-workers, Lead or shift change co-workers
- Interacts with production equipment; starts & stops equipment as trained, clears machine jams as trained
- Assists in the documentation of machine downtime
- Forms boxes & trays by hand as needed; operates box making machinery
- Ensures defects are separated and placed into proper categories
- Performs machine cleaning and sanitation as required
- Perform housekeeping duties at work center or as directed by the Lead and/or Manager.
- Follows VPET’s Quality Management system including procedures and work instructions.
- Any other tasks as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate in English.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Able to work effectively in a team as well as individually
- Attention to detail i.e., ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Ability to work scheduled shift to include overtime and weekends as required.
- Must be committed to the success of the entire organization
- Must be able to sit, stand and walk for prolonged periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 20 lbs.
- Must be able to push, pull, twist, climb, balance, stoop, kneel and crawl.
- Must be able to perform repetitive motions such as reaching and grasping.
- Work environment is in a warehouse and temperatures inside vary between hot or cold based on the outside conditions.
- This is a fast-paced environment with constantly changing priorities.
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics.
To apply for this job please visit vpetusa.isolvedhire.com.