Since its beginning in 1946, TST has evolved into a vertically integrated producer, buyer, trader and processor of aluminum scrap and dross. Today, TST is one of the major American producers of secondary aluminum ingot, billet and cast plate. TST is also a major distributor of primary aluminum foundry ingot, grain refiners and hardeners. Other services include worldwide trading of nonferrous scrap and other aluminum commodities.
Wage Grade: 1
Reports To: Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reviewed/Revised: February 2020
Assists operators, to perform duties necessary to cast aluminum billet, sheet ingot or secondary aluminum ingot production. Also performs general production duties throughout the plant as necessary. The job description of “Production Worker includes the following job classifications: furnace helper, saw helper, stacker, casting helper, strapper, and any other entry level production position that may be developed in the future, unless a specific job title is designated.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists in the direct chill casting of aluminum billet and slab ingot according to instructions.
- Using hand held tool(s) skims impurities from molten metal molds, furnace runners and boxes.
- Using cranes moves material or finished goods from casting pits to designated location.
- Assists in maintenance/cleaning of bag house, and associated equipment as needed.
- Assists in preparations for casting metal by preparing tools, coating molds, and runners.
- Hauls materials from storage or production areas to furnace production areas as required.
- Assist in skimming the molten metal pump.
- Assist in weighing alloying elements to be added to the furnace.
- Move materials from one location to another including un-piling-piling, un-stacking-stacking and strapping as required.
- Transports materials to scales, and weighs, tags, and records transports.
- Prepares finished metal or other material for shipment as required or directed.
- Keeps area and equipment clean, and in proper working order.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Management.
- Assist the mold shop by preparing molds.
-Forklift experience preferred
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Oral Comprehension: The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reaction Time: The ability to quickly respond (with the hand, finger, or foot) to a signal (sound, light, picture) when it appears, and the ability to quickly respond with clarity by verbal communication to announce danger and or signal safety concern.
- Oral Expression: The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Speech Clarity: The ability to speak clearly so others can understand you.
- Speech Recognition: The ability to identify and understand the speech of another person.
- Written Comprehension — The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Identifying Objects, Actions, and Events — Identifying information by categorizing, estimating, recognizing differences or similarities (accurately compare similarities and differences among sets of letters, numbers, objects, pictures, and/or patterns.), and detecting changes in circumstances or events.
- Processing Information — Compiling, coding, categorizing, calculating (add and/or subtract numbers and -multiply/divide with 10’s and 100’s), perform mathematical operations using units of America money and/or weight measurements, volume, and distance, tabulating, auditing, or verifying information or data
- Complex Problem Solving — Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Attention — The ability to concentrate on a routine and generally repetitive tasks over a period of time requiring little or no independent action or diversification.
While performing normal duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and use hands frequently. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception to read instruments, operate material handling equipment and identify plant color code system. Reasonable accommodations will be made for individuals with disabilities in accordance to legal requirements.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, and extreme heat. The employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions and vibration. The noise level in this work environment requires hearing protection. Reasonable accommodations will be made for individuals with disabilities in accordance to legal requirements.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com