Crown Technical Systems offers solutions based on our core principles of performance and quality.
The Painter 1 is responsible for painting metal bases, steel tube frames, and steel c-channels for our enclosure buildings.
- Applies paint, stains, varnishes, enamels, and other coatings to metal and steel surfaces with brushes, rollers, or other tools
- Prepares surfaces for painting: fills cracks, holes, and joints with caulk, putty, plaster, or other fillers using caulking guns or putty knives; smooth surfaces using sandpaper, scrapers, brushes, steel wool, or sanding machines
- Applies primers or seals to prepare new surfaces, such as bare wood or metal, finish coats
- Covers surfaces with drop clothes or masking tape and paper to protect surfaces during painting
- Read work orders and blueprints to determine work requirements
- Calculates amounts of required materials and estimate costs, based on surface measurements and/or work orders
- Maintains a clean work area
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Excellent knowledge of painting material and how to select, mix, and apply them
- Solid knowledge of painting techniques and the use of appropriate tools (brushes, rollers, caulking guns, etc.)
- Strong attention to detail skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to follow instructions and provide consistent work.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 0-2 years of previous experience in a related field
- Prolonged periods of standing and painting.
- Must have adequate balance and ability to climb ladders and scaffolding.
- Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds at times.
- Must be able to distinguish among colors.
- Must wear PPE, such as respirator, welding equipment, gloves, safety glasses, hard hat, and ear protection, while working on the production floor
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.