Website Daylight Transport
$18 an hour
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Job Title: Operations Clerk
Reports To: Linehaul Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
SUMMARY The primary focus of this position is to track, communicate, coordinate and update needed information to ensure loads are arriving timely.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES-
· Provides clerical and administrative support to the Linehaul department.
· Reviews container supply and demand reports and populates the inventory management report.
· Updates and inputs route information into computer system on a daily basis.
· May collect daily on-site container information and updates the inventory log.
· Assists Dispatchers by responding to customer and driver complaints and inquiries.
· Reports any safety or customer service related issues to supervisor or manager immediately.
· Maintains and processes operations information, vendor payables and route sheets.
· Distributes, collects and reviews route sheets for proper billing and productivity reports.
· Assists in generating monthly productivity reports.
· Follows all safety policies and procedures; participates with the team to achieve safety goals.
· May assist with customer communication and follow up.
· Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by this position and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES- None
QUALIFICATIONS- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE – High school diploma or general education degree (GED) desired. Minimum of two years’ transportation industry experience preferred.
LANGUAGE SKILLS -Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
REASONING ABILITY- Apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Must possess analytical skills and ability to think quickly.
OTHER SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS- Working knowledge of MS Word and Excel. Must be able to type 40WPM. Ten-key helpful.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS-The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, airborne particles, and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Daylight Transport is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, and/or gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, military status, Vietnam Era and/or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law(s).
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Transportation Industry: 2 years (Preferred)
- One location
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Innovative — innovative and risk-taking
- Stable — traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented — supportive and fairness-focused
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Remote interview process
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.