Crown Technical Systems offers solutions based on our core principles of performance and quality.
The Mechanical Engineer 3 is responsible for the mechanical design, development, and calculations of assigned manufacturing projects related to relay panels, control buildings, and medium voltage switchgear.
- Applies knowledge of engineering principles to design products that can be manufactured.
- Review customer specifications to create drawings and bill of materials for assigned projects within budget, including the selection of parts
- Works with customers to understand requirements for project, specification/design questions, and clarifications.
- Uses computer-assisted design (CAD) software to create detailed drawings of the product, including mechanical 2D fabrication (sheet metal and structural) and 3D assembly drawings.
- Product development of switchgear and sheet metal enclosure buildings.
- Work with purchasing department and vendors to receive quotes and lead times to complete design.
- Provide engineering support to fabrication and production departments during all stages of manufacturing.
- Address design and manufacturing issues that arise; provide solutions to address issues.
- Provide suggestions on areas of improvement to standardize and increase the efficiency surrounding production.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Proficient in the use of SolidWorks to create 2D and 3D fabrication and assembly drawings, with no or minimal supervision.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to provide out-of-the-box solutions.
- Familiar with parametric design procedures (knowledge of VBA)
- General understanding in mechanical and structural FEA
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent budgeting and cost containment skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to collaborate in team environments
- Ability to demonstrate a record of hands-on and design for excellence philosophy.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering required; Master’s Degree preferred.
- At least 4-7 years of related work experience.
- Experience working in the power distribution industry is a plus.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to traverse the production floor as needed.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.