Website TST INC.
TST, Inc. is committed to provide the highest quality products that meet or exceed customer’s specifications and comply with all requirements – on time. TST, Inc. will ensure success through the adherence to an effective quality management system based on continual improvement and customer satisfaction.
Department: General Maintenance
Reports To: General Maintenance Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reviewed/Revised: July 2019
The GMT3 is responsible for repairing, maintaining and installing all types of Mechanical and electrical systems for production equipment, support equipment and facilities. Insures work performed is in compliance with recognized Standard Codes, OSHA regulations and any engineering plans and documents provided and/or equipment manuals. Backup lead for shift general maintenance crew when GMT4 is absent.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Makes new or modified installations consistent with specifications and engineering plans
- Observes mechanical devices in operation and listens to their sounds to locate causes of trouble
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts
- Examines form and texture of parts to detect imperfections
- Inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements
- Welds fabricated metal components to assemble structural forms
- Repairs or replaces defective parts. Installs special functional and structural parts in devices
- Lubricates and cleans parts
- Starts devices to diagnose and test their performance.
- Observes functioning of installed equipment or system to detect hazards and need for adjustments, relocation, or replacement
- Troubleshoots electrical system in the plant and makes repairs
- Reads and interprets electric schematics and structural/mechanical drawings
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer’s instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions
- Performs preventive maintenance on mechanical and electrical systems
- Performs normal maintenance on production equipment, support equipment and facilities
- Performs all job duties in a safe manner without bodily injury to self or others
- Complies with all environmental, health, safety, and housekeeping programs
- Other duties may be assigned
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED
- Vocational/Specialized training or either certification in mechanical maintenance or electrical maintenance
- 5 years related experience; mechanical and electrical industrial experience in a manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge of singe-phase and three-phase electric power systems
- Experience in installation and maintenance of pneumatics and hydraulics
- Proficient at oxy/acetylene torch cutting and electric arc welding
- Able to read and interpret technical documents (electrical schematics, structural schematics, blueprints & equipment manuals).
- Leadership skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Must have flexibility to work any shift
- Must not be colorblind
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception to read instruments, operate material handling equipment and identify plant color code system. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and high, precarious places. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, outside weather conditions, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org