Website TST Inc.
TST, Inc. is committed to provide the highest quality products that meet or exceed customer’s specifications and comply with all requirements – on time. TST, Inc. will ensure success through the adherence to an effective quality management system based on continual improvement and customer satisfaction.
Job Title: General Maintenance Technician 3-Electrician
Wage Grade: 3
Reports To: Department Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non Exempt
The Electrician is responsible for repairing, maintaining and installing all types of electrical systems for production equipment, support equipment and facilities. Insures work performed is in compliance with National Electrical Code and OSHA regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans new or modified installations consistent with specifications and local electrical codes.
- Measures, cuts, bends, threads, assemble, and installs electrical conduit.
- Installs control and distribution apparatus such as switches, relays, and circuit-breaker panels.
- Tests continuity of circuit to ensure electrical compatibility and safety.
- Observes functioning of installed equipment or system to detect hazards and need for adjustments, relocation, or replacement.
- Maintain and repair plant electrical equipment.
- Troubleshoots electrical system in the plant and makes repairs.
- Reads and interprets schematics and/or drawings; draws schematics showing location of wiring and equipment.
- Repairs or replaces defective parts.
- Able to understand basic PLC functions.
- Assist with training/mentoring within department
- Provide own hand tools.
- High school diploma or GED
- Vocational/Specialized training or certification in electrical system repair and maintenance.
- 5 years related experience; mechanical and electrical industrial experience in a manufacturing environment.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Working knowledge of the National Electrical Code.
- Experienced in electrical installation (24 – 120 – 240 – 480 Volt)
- Working knowledge of singe-phase and three-phase electric power systems.
- Experience in installation and maintenance of pneumatics, hydraulics, speed controllers and variable frequency drives.
- Working knowledge of and recent experience of Programmable Logical Controllers (PLC)
- Able to read and interpret technical documents (electrical blueprints, schematics, electrical code, equipment manuals).
- Must be able to troubleshoot electrical systems.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Must have flexibility to work all shifts.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception to read instruments, operate material handling equipment and identify plant color code system. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
|While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and high, precarious places. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, outside weather conditions, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Reasonable accommodations will be made for individuals with disabilities in accordance to legal requirements.|
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org