Crown Technical Systems offers solutions based on our core principles of performance and quality.
The Electrical Engineer 3 is responsible for the electrical design, development, and calculations of assigned manufacturing projects related to relay panels, control buildings, and medium voltage switchgears.
- Applies knowledge of Electrical engineering principles to design for manufacturability products
- Reviews customer specifications to create drawings and bills of materials for assigned projects within budget, including the selection of parts
- Works with customers to understand requirements for the project, specification/design questions, and clarifications.
- Generates detailed substation control house wiring drawings based on customer-supplied guidance schematic.
- Coordinates design/review of control house distribution projects with utility & EPC companies. It includes preparing a bill of materials, designing single line diagrams for power distribution, producing drawings detailing the entire electrical design, generating cable schedules and nameplate schedules for the assigned project.
- Provides electrical engineering inputs on product development of switchgear and sheet metal enclosure buildings.
- Defines test procedures and performs power testing of control house, protective relay panels, and medium voltage switchgear line-ups.
- Works with the mechanical engineering department to secure an integrated product design.
- Works with purchasing department and vendors to receive quotes and lead times to complete the design.
- Provides engineering support to wiring, testing, and production departments during all stages of manufacturing.
- Addresses design and manufacturing issues that arise; provide solutions to address issues.
- Suggests areas of improvement to standardize and increase the efficiency surrounding production.
- Mentors the Electrical engineers and drafting personals based on the permanent designing improvement process.
- Assists the engineering manager with the tactical and strategic department goals.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Experience in designing & testing three-phase AC and DC control circuits.
- Knowledge of Electrical Safety Procedures, NEC & IEEE Codes.
- Good working knowledge of standard electrical testing and measuring equipment is required, also skilled in handling multiple designs and testing projects simultaneously.
- High levels of self-discipline, drive, and proven ability to work well in a cross-functional team with a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, critical thinking skills, troubleshooting skills, and strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of Auto-Cad, protection relay testing, communication network circuits would be a plus.
- Proficient with computers and MS Office programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering required; Master’s Degree preferred.
- At least 4-7 years of related work experience.
- Engineer in Training Certification (EIT) is a plus.
- Professional Engineer License (PE) is a plus.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to traverse the production floor as needed.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.