Website American Security Products
$17.50 – $22.30 an hour
High school or equivalent (Required)
Customer Service: 1 year (Required)
US work authorization (Required)
Full Job Description
American Security Products [AMSEC] is one of the world’s best-known provider of security safes and security solutions. We protect the assets of our clients throughout the world by providing a broad array of security safes and consulting services with the highest degree of quality, integrity, and responsiveness. AMSEC began in the late 1940’s in a small building in Paramount, California, and continues to manufacture product and support dealers and consumers from our facility in Fontana, CA. We provide security solutions for Fortune 50 companies throughout North America.
Provides excellent support to our consumers, dealers, and locksmiths by responding to questions or assisting in resolving problems. The range of support makes this position continuously challenging and interesting. You may be speaking directly to a safe owner who needs help opening a safe, to a locksmith who is completing an install, or to a store manager who needs advice on programing a safe. We will train you on the details of our products. The right candidate is skilled in diagnosing an issue, coaching someone through a resolution, or setting up a case to get them the right information or parts to close the issue; enjoying the satisfaction of resolving a frustration is a must. This position develops a strong knowledge of America Security products and services while allowing career growth throughout the company. We will help you develop your communication and rapport building skills, which are essential in any future career.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
· Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively even when callers are frazzled; Listens, gets clarification and asks questions to diagnose the issue. Remains calm and upbeat even in highly charged situations. Clearly walks callers through processes such as opening safes, adding users, resolving power issues, etc. Ensures callers feel understood and their needs are meet. Builds rapport. Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
· Detail Orientation – Ensure data is recorded completely and correctly. Captures details quickly. Captures information correctly in written communications and data entry. Ability to document information from a phone call and process the necessary information in a speedy and accurate manner. Creates a “case” into software correctly and ensures details, such as ordering the correct parts, and scheduling of next steps are completed correctly. Passionate about following through on details. Computer experience: Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook is required. Knowledge and experience in the security products, loos prevention fields a plus.
· Teamwork – Considers all steps/tasks to exceed expectations. Thinks about the entire process and communicates well so others can follow-up from your first call without difficulty. Solicits feedback to improve service; Meets commitments; Works well with peers and other departments to meet consumer expectations.
· Attendance/Punctuality – Supports the team and overall mission by being consistently at work and on time.
- Answers calls from consumers, dealers, and locksmiths pertaining to product inquiries, installs or problems.
- Diagnoses problems based on training or previous experience in mechanical and electronic locks. Enjoys “detective work.”
- Enters calls into our software program, “SafeManager” (based on Windows “Filemaker”).
- Owns resolution of a call from “cradle to grave.” If further service is required, creates a case and orders parts. Schedules a locksmith after negotiating the service call and labor rate.
- Assists inside and outside Sales Managers with customer relations.
- Follows through from call origination to the final service solution.
- Supports inside Sales in product / lock application.
- Utilizes company software: similar to Windows FileMaker and Chat.
- Develops a strong working knowledge of all security products present and past.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $17.50 – $22.30 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid training
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- Fontana, CA 92337 (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Required)
- One location
Hours per week:
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
To apply for this job please visit form.jotform.com.